PC Not Letting Me Use Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankush09

Daemon Poster
Last night, I was trying to sign in onto MSN and i wasn't able to press the sign in button. I reinstalled.. and then all of a sudden internet explorer web browsers open up repeatedly untill i had to turn off the computer from the power. When I tried turning it back on and all that would load after startup was the wallpaper. I tried safe mode, and it was the same thing. I tried "load Windows as last best used configuration" or something like that and it worked. I see the desktop, I can use the computer, but I can't type/use the keyboard. Can anyone help?

Maybe if you ask it reaaly really nice, it wil work for you.

But seriously... is it PS2 or USB? is it wired wireless? Did you recently spill cherry vanilla diet Dr. Pepper on it? Do you watch pron and eat while on your pc.

Sounds like a stuck key.

its PS2, wired, and i didnt spill anything. The computer is public and it is used by many people other than me.

Re:

Hello,

:confused: If a key or keys were stuck I would expect a beep sound, and if the keys were stuck, then the keyboard would be functional.

You say you couldn't use your keyboard, and you were confronted with popups...perhaps your system has been compromised.

Have you scanned it for any malware yet (viruses, spyware & adware) ?

Also, have you made any significant changes to the system lately?

Anyways...glad it's working now, and about your keyboard, does it work, and do you see any keyboard status lights illuminate during POST (just when you power on your PC)? Check device manager and ensure that your keyboard has been detected, and that a keyboard driver has been installed.

Everything is fixed. I had done an Ad-Aware scan before and it didn't find any malware, but once I did a Spy Sweeper scan and restarted everything was back to normal and the keyboard was working fine.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom