PC Mouse and keyboard Problems!

dclemons2

Baseband Member
I'm not sure who's the culprit, either the mouse of pc itself, but its just been tap dancing on my last good nerve. Every time I move the mouse around, the pointer shutters and slows down, sometimes even stops. It'll double click when I clearly single clicked, it'll try and click and drag items around (that's the most irritating of all)
And the keyboard isn't much better. it goes through the same thing: not typing anything whenever I hit a key on the board.

I use both a wireless keyboard and mouse. (not mouse anymore)
both of which I was using fresh brand new batteries with and still experiences the same problems. Only had then for about maybe a year or less.

after this has been driving me crazy for the longest, I broke the damn mouse out of frustration. Yes I threw it out the window and watched it shatter. Now I'm mouseless, but temporarily using an mouse app on my phone as an short-term alternative, but even using this, the problems still seem to be there! same thing with the old original mouse I was using! that's what led me to believe that maybe the pc is playing a role in this little act. An act that is not amusing.

Is the problem really with the keyboard and mouse, or is it the pc's own fault?

Last edited:
What version of Windows? What brand model mouse/keyboard? Custom built PC (if so, what components?) or Prebuilt (if so, what brand/model?)

Instead of destroying more components...the easiest thing to do would be to test the devices on another PC. If they do the same thing - then you know it's an issue with the mouse/keyboard. If not, then it's an issue with the PC.

If you wanted to see if it's an issue with Windows...then download an Ubuntu LiveCD from The leading OS for PC, tablet, phone and cloud | Ubuntu
Burn the ISO to a CD or make a bootable USB drive with a tool such as Rufus, and then boot into the Live environment. If you have similar issues inside Linux, then it's most likely hardware issue with the PC. If it doesn't have the same issues, then it's most likely a Windows software issue (either something with Windows itself or a driver issue).

one thing I noticed is whenever I try to upload files to google drive, the problems will start again. I got a new mouse and keyboard, and the problem were still there.

Back
Top Bottom