PC Magazine Goes 100% Digital

Yeah, not a big fan, I prefer it on paper, cant take my computer into the crapper for my morning movement.

No way in hell will I take my notebook to the airport or on the couch just to read a magazine. After staring at the computer screen at work all day, it's nice to read something that doesn't cause eye strain.

Too bad for them though. Judging by their online forum, most subscribers aren't either.

Can't they just stick with what they're doing now? I mean...I love nature and stuff, but hate it when people go "Save the planet!"
They should stick with paper, but if they want an online version too for another reason, then at least keep an "offline version" aka magazine, which uses paper.

If what 01001010 says is true, then you will probably find it is purely a financial decision.

Can't they just stick with what they're doing now?

Like I said earlier, their parent company is in the midst of bankruptcy. Print probably makes the bulk of their operating costs. When you're restructuring like they are, it's natural to streamline their procedures. Too bad it involved killing their flagship magazine.

Can't they just stick with what they're doing now? I mean...I love nature and stuff, but hate it when people go "Save the planet!"
surely you don't believe they are doing it to save the environment? they are doing it because it saves them a hell of a lot of money in printing which will equal larger profits..in theory. But they will loose out on sales from people like me who might be browsing in a newsagency store or supermarket looking for a mag to buy and they have one there that catches my eye. Personally I think they will rely almost entirely on subscriptions to get their sales now.

True, but what companies need to understand is, it's not just about getting every cent. It's about getting every customer.

I would rather 10 customers, that LOVED my product/service to death, than 1,000 customers that thought it was okay or just 'good'.

To get money, you need customers that like what you have to offer, and getting their opinions. I know that you can't make EVERYONE happy, but making a large proportion of those customers happy.

To get money, you need customers that like what you have to offer, and getting their opinions. I know that you can't make EVERYONE happy, but making a large proportion of those customers happy.

They're not making happy customers right now. The bulk of their revenue comes from advertisers. I doubt subscribers pay for most of their expenses.

It's about getting every customer.
Their subscriber base has been dwindling since the late 90's.

Soon, once the number of subscribers/customers begins to decrease dramatically, their advertisers won't with them anymore.

It's all linked, only time will tell.

Its not about getting every customer at all, its all about making profits, there is no point having 20 million is sales if it costs you 22 million in costs.

True, but what companies need to understand is, it's not just about getting every cent. It's about getting every customer.

I would rather 10 customers, that LOVED my product/service to death, than 1,000 customers that thought it was okay or just 'good'.

lol.. you really have no idea how business works do you... no company is like that, its all about getting people through the door and getting the £££ in.. especially the way things are at the moment..

Back
Top Bottom