PC keeps getting dropped from wireless internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sKaD

Baseband Member
I'm splitting the internet using a Linksys WRT54G Wireless 802.11b/g Router w/ 4-ports in the back.

I have my G5 connected with a cat-5 cable and the PC is connected using a 802.11b USB NIC. It will work for about 15 minutes with excellent strength (it's about 40ft. away) but then it just drops out of nowhere saying the signal faded and wont come back up.

What's the deal here?

do you live in an apartment complex or in a house? Do you use a wireless phone? Not cellular, but wireless. Does your neighbor? Do you have anything that might emmit a large amount of Electromagnetic radiation?

Inaris said:
do you live in an apartment complex or in a house? Do you use a wireless phone? Not cellular, but wireless. Does your neighbor? Do you have anything that might emmit a large amount of Electromagnetic radiation?

Live in an appartment complex.

Me and my roommate use cell phones.

I would suspect that you are getting Wireless Phone interferance from the 2.4Ghz home phones that are all over the place. This is the case in the apartment complex's I support. They will cause the signal to drop almost at once. Changing the channel will work most of the time, but if you use a bridge, you are stuck on channel 6.
Try changing the channel on the router to 8 and see if that helps.

good luck

Thanks, I'll try that. Should I keep trying other channels until it stops getting dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom