PC getting close to meltdown!?

djdave711

Solid State Member
Lately ive noticed when i render a video or run a demanding application i hear my CPU fan go into turbo mode and yeah...thats pretty understandable considering my pc specs but is it right? i mean CPU usage locks on 100% and im worried is it gonna totally pack up one of these days? lol its only about 1 year old btw. Also another thing thats bothering my is why on Earth a program i have called Mixvibes (dj program) makes my processor run at 100% when my pc more than meets the requirements:

Mixvibes Pro5
Processor : 500 Mhz mini, 800 Mhz recommended.
RAM : 256 MB recommended.
System : Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 2000, Windows XP
DirectX 5.0 or more
Sound card: DirectX compatible
Video card: Resolution 1024x768 recommended.

This is even when all unnesacary programs are turned off and im down to default taskbar, background etc...the RAM usage is absoloutly fine, nowhere near half used.

Is it just my processor thats the problem?

That is weird. The fact that it is going to 100% anyway. It's not like your CPU is that bad either... though a Celeron isn't always the best choice for a good machine... I doubt i'd be that bad though...

Have you checked with spyware checkers to check if anything you don't want running is still running?

Ah, Limewire does the same with mine. What it is the script for the program is demanding all processes to be updated every 3ns, which strains the processor to its max. Usually, the program refreshed with every other clock cycle, however, some programs do not install correctly or a particular version doesnt work well on a certain configuration, and installs the refresh cyclic scripts wrong, making the program demand an additional half hertz, making processors cease up if you will. Try looking for a new version of the software.

Not too sure about spyware... the only things like that i have is Adaware but thats not spyware. Can you please suggest any spyware removal/detection programs? There has to be something slowing it down. Ah yes now i remember...theres some form of malware on my PC that i cant seem to get rid of no matter what i do. Something called LOP and adaware finds it everytime and says its removed it but when i scan at a later date it comes back again.

Adaware is a spyware removal program, update it and run it. Another is Spybot search and destroy:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Try using safemode in that case (it might be running still when its deleting, and so jsut brings it back from the registry). Press F8 when the computer is booting, select Safemode, and then run it again :)

As for what EasternDigital said, he could be right. Go into Windows Task manager and see what the process priority is of the program. Try and set this lower. Right click the program in processes to bring up the menu to see the priority

I hope this helps

Kage said:
Adaware is a spyware removal program, update it and run it. Another is Spybot search and destroy:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Try using safemode in that case (it might be running still when its deleting, and so jsut brings it back from the registry). Press F8 when the computer is booting, select Safemode, and then run it again :)

As for what EasternDigital said, he could be right. Go into Windows Task manager and see what the process priority is of the program. Try and set this lower. Right click the program in processes to bring up the menu to see the priority

I hope this helps

Good idea, but it won't work. If the install failed and the cyclic scripts didn't install correctly, then you have to try reinstalling the program (preferrably with a different version).

I will try scanning in safe mode later as im on a different computer at the moment. About this incorrect script problem...Is there no other way to sort it without getting a new version?? The new version of the program isn't exactly great idea because i cant even afford it and i really like the current version. There has to be a way! lol. An ye limewire does the same with my PC except sometimes it calms down a bit after 10mins or so.

Back
Top Bottom