PC freezing after beeing idle.

lucasfalves

Baseband Member
Hi, i have a simple pc build that can run fallout nv at low/medium graphic settings. And if im not using the pc for a while, I think it happens after 20 minutes or something, my monitor will say that there is no signal, and my keyboard leds like caps lock and num lock will be off. If I press a key they will light up. But the monitor will keep showing the no signal message.
If I turn it off by pressing the power button on the case, it will turn off very quickly like if it was in the bios or on the blue screen. You guys have any idea?

when it turns off after 20 min, can you hear the machine still running like the fan or hardrive - or HDD led? or is it like its gone in standby mode? and when you hit a keyboard key it boots back up but with the screen?

Yes it is still running, the hdd led and the fans and everything, but it makes alot less noise. I think the cpu fan gets a lot slower. I think it logs out of the profile. My specs are really basic stuff, celeron 420 1.6 w/ 2.0 O.C. the gpu is a geforce 210 silent

My specs are really basic stuff, celeron 420 1.6 w/ 2.0 O.C. the gpu is a geforce 210 silent

Maybe so but the info your giving us isn't enough lets try this again.
Power off your machine, unplug it, next take off the side panel case.
With any daylight and maybe some good lighting inside.
Look at the mobo, read what kind of board it is and it should have the model number at the top or near the I/O ports.
Once we have that mobo model number we'll look it up and be able to diagnose your problem better.

gigabyte-ga-b75m-hd3-lga-1155-m-atx-motherboard-support-intel-core-i7-i5-i3-cpus-dual-ddr3-1600-sata-6gb-s-gigabit-lan-usb-3-0-pci-e-3-0-hdmi-4.gif

Back
Top Bottom