PC freezes with green lines on the screen?

osokk

In Runtime
Every once and a while my whole computer will freeze with lines of green. I have to manually reboot the computer. Its a brand new pc I got it on the 21st so i hope its not a hardware problem. This only happens when im playing games. Can anyone help me?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/13/2008, 15:47:37
Machine name: JARED-Y0WOMYLLM
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 293MB used, 4152MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Sounds like your video card may be overheating. Check to make sure all fans in your computer are operating properly.

All my fans are running fine. I have one on the side, one on the rear, and 2 up front. I really dont know what to do. I have a thermo on the front of the case but i think that only records the cpu temp.

it might just be the video card dieing, or overheating,
if you have a nvidia card , download the latest drives and Ntune , with ntune open up the videocard overcloking page and on the bottem of the page it will tell you the temp of you video card, and you can control the fan,
hope that helps

right now im on that page with the temp control of the fans. its the GPU fan settings. actually here is a screen of what i see. should i change any of these settings? and right now its showing my vid card at 129 degrees but when i run games im sure that goes alot higher.

ntune.jpg

You need to click on "Monitor temperature levels" under the 3D Settings section to see what your temps are.

If I'm not mistaken, you fan control should be set way higher than 0! Turn that sucker up.

ya, click on direct fan control, and set it at least 50%, what card do you have?

personally i'd set it as high as you can bare it...

Yea that temperature is way too high. Set the fan up much higher than 0. I'm surprised the auto had it set down that low. It's usually up in the 30 - 50% range.

Back
Top Bottom