PC for the Valve Index

Well...sorry I'm not calling all you ignorant just for not liking intel, so i don't see why you have to?
Didn't mean to sound like I did, mate. I have been through the ups and downs of both over the years. Intel was king, then AMD took their lunch, then Intel put in the effort and took the lead, AMD floundered for a few years and have now brought out Ryzen. TBH Ryzen has proven to be amazing and gets better with each new generation.

Till INTEL gets 7nm in there pocket, I don't see them getting out of there slump. As i see it now, INTEL could go out of business. Don't really know for sure what INTEL has done to themselves, but they need to step up to the plate with something really new that can kick ass.
I don't see Intel going out of business but they are really hurting right now. They have had some issues with die shrink and that had made everything worse for them.

Well...sorry I'm not calling all you ignorant just for not liking intel, so i don't see why you have to?
Never said we don't like Intel, I run many from both camps. Saying Intel is needed in every gaming rig though, is quite ignorant.

I have had both but for whatever reason AMD is really up and coming with the newest things coming out. From what i have read, AMD is blowing away INTEL. INTEL is loosing with current offerings, Nothing new for the last two years. Ryzen just showing its good side. Now with the new Gpu's that AMD is making they are taking over the market. Check out INTEL and AND on the stock market. That alone speaks miles!! The last four Systems i have built have been AMD's Not as much to say they are the best, just cheaper and easier to find. Myself i guess i am a Ryzen lover. Till INTEL gets 7nm in there pocket, I don't see them getting out of there slump. As i see it now, INTEL could go out of business. Don't really know for sure what INTEL has done to themselves, but they need to step up to the plate with something really new that can kick ass.
I'm quite certain AMD's RDNA2 architecture is good, but they haven't surpassed Nvidia and probably won't even this gen.
Didn't mean to sound like I did, mate. I have been through the ups and downs of both over the years. Intel was king, then AMD took their lunch, then Intel put in the effort and took the lead, AMD floundered for a few years and have now brought out Ryzen. TBH Ryzen has proven to be amazing and gets better with each new generation.

I don't see Intel going out of business but they are really hurting right now. They have had some issues with die shrink and that had made everything worse for them.

Intel's upper management took on too much tech trying to diversify while sitting on their ass with CPU architecture. This is one thing we can all give credit to Nvidia that even though AMD hasn't had proper competing lines they still keep pushing. When AMD first started dropping the ball they didn't just sit around waiting for them to catch up like Intel did. They basically kept going on each gen with something better to hold on to for next gen.

Intel has even talked about leaving the CPU market, I really can't see that happening, but over the last week or two apparently there's been some talk. Like PP said, rumors are that AMD will beat the current Nvidia offerings with their next generation, which is quite the leap from their previous gen, but Nvidia should still hold the title when their next gen comes out.

Intel has even talked about leaving the CPU market, I really can't see that happening, but over the last week or two apparently there's been some talk. Like PP said, rumors are that AMD will beat the current Nvidia offerings with their next generation, which is quite the leap from their previous gen, but Nvidia should still hold the title when their next gen comes out.
Nvidia's new gen should be coming out before AMDs, so they'll still be behind. If RDNA2 for PC can reach 2080ti levels I think they'll be good to go and will make lots of money.
What would intel do if they left the CPU market?
They're in a ton of other markets currently so they could sustain themselves easily on a smaller scale. Their bread and butter are processors though, so don't think that'll ever happen.

They just need to make the higher ups who have clearly screwed up the past 5-6 years step down and let others that understand their true markets step in.

Back
Top Bottom