PC crashes, freezes, errors etc.

waltwilkitis

Beta member
I have a HP a1120n using windows xp. I am forever crashing, freezing along with errors constantly. I have downloaded some trail software i.e. RegCure, Glary Utilities, registry Fix and some others. They all tell me that I have hundreds of error in my registry. The only one that does any kind of fix is Garry Utilities. Even after using that the other software tell me I still have many errors. RegCure shows 694 errors. I am sure I have registry errors but I am unsure what software to buy to fix these. I don't want to buy something that doesn't work. I am hoping someone can suggest one to purchase. They all tell me they are rated #1. Any suggested software out there.
Thanks Walt

Welcome to the "selling gimic" where you have some many errors "but"! need to buy the full version to see them fixed. When you see that stuff you'll now know just what those are.

It sounds like you have more problems then any registry cleaner would fix to start off with. However there are a few and only a few cleaners that won't cost anything since they are freewares not the shareware crap you've been running into lately it seems.

Eusing Software has a free cleaner seen at http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

As far as all of the freezes and crashes the most common cause is corrupted or missing drivers like those for the display and even sound as well. Are you seeing those while gaming or simply at the desktop?

Occasionally hardware problems can come up like high temps from a need to clean the dust out of a case with a can of air cleaner. The memory installed could be seeing faults or the bios might need a simple update if the battery on the board hasn't grown weak since that maintains the cmos information.

If the above fails,
Format your hard drive after backing up your stuff.
Enema Time, buddy
darroll

Dodge1970, thanks for responding. I did download the suggested freeware. I hope it helps.I don't do any gaming so the errors are desktop and while surfing the net.

If the above fails,
Format your hard drive after backing up your stuff.
Enema Time, buddy
darroll

Thanks for responding. I have formatted the hard drive many times. It helps some but some of the problems remain.An enema just might be a good idea but there are better places to spend my money right now.

This is why I mentioned that it could be a possible hardware problem being an older system. I had one old stubborn board here that saw memtest report all kinds of crazy errors on two totally different sets of memory. Once on a new board both sets where found 100% error/defect free!

That old board seemed to love eating batteries seeing all kinds of crashes, unexpected system restarts and even pointing a cpu problem. After sitting apart for over a year the case was reassembled with a new battery to suddenly see everything working like brand new?!

HP's troubleshooting section is more pdf files then anything as seen at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Id=101&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=470559#8

A hidden hardware problem would account for seeing persistant problems even after reformatting the drive and performing clean installs of Windows. The hard drive seeing bad sectors, the onboard Intel graphics if you haven't installed a separate card, bios needing update, and some other things would be showing signs of wear on the older model.

Back
Top Bottom