PC cooling suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

octavian

Beta member
Processor: - Athlon 64 3800 512K 90nm Rev E socket 939
Heatsink/CpuFan: -Zalman CNPS7000LED ALCU (AMD) (Pending)
Motherboard:-Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Memory:-Corsair TwinX 1024MB 3200LL-PT
Cards:
Video:-GeForce 6800 256MB PCI Express (I will be running SLI. That is if you havent noticed already.)
Audio:-Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS
Hard Drive:
1: - Seagate: Serial ATA 40GB (OS drive )
2: -Seagate ST3160023AS 160GB 7200RPM SATA
Optical Drive: -Plextor PX-716SA DVD+-R/W SATA
Keyboard:-Logitechï¾® Media Keyboard
Mouse:-Logitechï¾® MX"510 Performance Optical Mouse
Monitor:
Speakers: -Creative I-Trigue L3500 2.1
Surge Protector:-APC Personal SurgeArrest PER7T 7 Outlets Power
Modem:-Encore ENF656-ESW-NDPR 56Kbps
Power Supply:-SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF 650W
Case: Pending.. freinds request. Built in Liquid cooling..maby..
Cooling: Any suggestions?

Cooling is a debateable subject. I am sure this PC will create a lot of heat. I am considering water cooling internal or external, but.. I am unsure that my freind will be ontop of it. Check the water levels and change the liquid every 6 months and such. Maby I should just fill the case with hella fans. Any suggestions?

go for water cooling it will be your friends fault if he does take care of it. If not load that baby up with fans.

Dark_Sniper* said:
go for water cooling it will be your friends fault if he does take care of it. If not load that baby up with fans.

Aye, spendy but worth it.

Your getting the 6800 vanilla??? Get at least a 6800GT! Also, I see that this is going to be a very high end system, so I would advise you to get the 3700+ (or 4000+) San Diego CPU, not the Venice. That is a very good optical drive, I have the same one. That is also a very good PSU, I have the 520W version of it. For the case, might I suggest a Lian Li PC-65B? Don't get that motherboard, get a DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR. For the hard drives, I would get 2x SATA2 HITACHI Deskstar T7K250's and run them in RAID 0. Now that would be a screamin' rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom