PC Build

OscarRages

Beta member
Okay so if this is in the wrong forum please move. I'm new here and sorry if i miss post!

I'm planning on building my PC. From this mini base! Tower Case Black/Blue
I know its a bit small and very limited space. But I'm just fairly new to the PC. But i need to build a PC that i can game on. Minecraft, Magic, Things in that nature. Nothing Like GTA V, or Fallout 4.. Just simple gaming. But again, I'm fairly new to this. I need help from the people that know what there doing. So thing i need help with.

Power Supply, Are all PS, the same dimension size? Or is there certain size's that fit certain case's? Or how do you go about that? I know people talk alot about the power supply catching on fire? Well i just need a good Power Supply. I don't want all my work going up in flames.

Graphic Cards, Whats is the graphic card for exactly? I know its most likely to project the screen from the tower to the screen. But whats its exactly purpose to the PC exactly?

Again I'm new so i will be asking alot of questions. And I take time to type these post. So if yall could be so nice to take the time to respond to my post id really appreciate.

So based off the base above in the link. If you'll wouldn't mind telling me what YOU'LL would recommend to use from the list I've provided at the bottom. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars I'm looking at the 500 range.

CPU:

MOBO:

SSD:

GPU:

RAM:

PSU:

What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming, Photoshop (or other intensive programs), Web browsing, strictly HTPC/Playback, etc. (If you have multiple things you want to do with the system, make sure you rank them from most important to least important).

Will you be overclocking? (If so, are you looking to watercool?)

What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included in this budget? Is your budget flexible? Is cost a driving factor in component selection?

What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need (especially if you will need 3.5" hard drives or expansion cards as these may restrict case options).

If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. For reused parts, list brands, model #s, and, if applicable, firmware revisions.

What specific features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Thunderbolt? Crossfire or SLI support? How many USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s? etc. Which is more important, size of the system or having the particular feature? Make sure you indicate *required* vs. *wanted* for each feature you list.

What resolution output do you need? 4k playback, 1080p playback, etc for HTPC or give a vertical/horizontal resolution for gaming SFF rigs. Do you need multiple monitor output?

Does this system need to fit into a particular space and do you need an optical drive? Think entertainment center shelves, closet space, rackmount, etc. Many modern SFF cases have either removed the optical drive or have been constructed so that removing the ODD increases the configuration possibilities immensely.

How comfortable are you with custom case design/modification and electrical wiring? What tools do you have (Screwdrivers/Leatherman, Drill, Dremel, Metal snips, Soldering Iron, Bending Brake, CNC/Welding machines/Plasma cutter, etc...)?

How important is the noise/silence of this sytem? HTPCs typically want to be quiet while all-out SFF gaming rigs don't care.

How mobile does this system need to be? Need a carrying handle or carrying straps? Is weight important (carry-on bag, etc)? Water cooling quick disconnects, etc?

Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? Remember that OEM copies of Win7 may have issues with new motherboards

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Immediately, in a couple weeks, 3-5 years?

Okay. To be honest i have no idea what anything you just asked is. All i do know is id prefer 4k gaming. I want something i can game on but also run my business also. Microsoft word. Excel Things in that nature. Also i do have a Win7 OS 64 bit. I DO NOT WANT WATER COOLING. Id highly prefer fan cooling. Also im wanting at least 16 gigs of ram. Brand does not matter. What matters is the how it runs. I want some thing that will run fast with at least a 500g Hard drive. Disk drive is not wanted. But if i can get one id love to have one for future disk problems. And i plan on ordering the parts by next weekend starting them as soon as the complete set gets here. If i can keep it under 500 but taxes and shipping id really love that. My budget is not much flexible maybe 100 or 2 more.

Here are some links for you:

An Introduction to Building a Small Form Factor PC | The Tech Buyer's Guru

(from an article at forbes.com)
Build A Compact, Mini-ITX 1440p Gaming PC For $800

It's the weekend, which means School of Tech is back in session! Today I'm tackling a question that's been asked frequently. It seems you all enjoyed my budget-conscious $400 Gaming PC build, but you want to know what can be accomplished with a mini-ITX form factor for roughly double the cash. Ask and you shall receive! This week we'll dive into the component recipe for an $800 Intel INTC -2.36%/Nvidia-driven small form factor PC that packs some serious 1440p chops.

School of Tech is published on Saturdays, and I always welcome your questions through my Ask.FM account.

Hey Jason, I love the idea of a Mini-ITX build but want a little more “oomph” than your $400 system. What can I do to make a better machine for around double the price? I'm a first time builder but am keen to have something beautiful.

(Here's the Mini-ITX build this reader is referring to.)

The great news is that doubling your budget from $400 to about $800 makes a significant impact on performance, and catapults you from midrange 1080p to high-end 1440p visuals. This also allows us to transition to a drop-dead sexy mini-ITX case from Corsair (the same one used in Maingear's beautiful Torq system) and pop in a semi-modular power supply for easier cable management.

Bonus: It's also Oculus Rift-ready.

Corsair Obsidian 250D

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($72.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5″ 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.97 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case ($80.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($36.99 @ Newegg)
Total Cost: $798.85 including majority of shipping, all mail-in rebates and instant discounts
Total Wattage: 290W
The biggest changes are obviously CPU and GPU, followed by a more feature-packed motherboard. This build isn't intended for overclocking, so we don't have to choose the latest and greatest Devil's Canyon processor. The Core i5-4590 is going to be everything you need for a hearty gaming CPU (and that includes being the recommended CPU for the consumer Oculus Rift), and as more and more developers adopt DirectX 12, that argument will grow even more convincing. This also saves us about $40 to put toward a more attractive case.

ASUS Strix GTX 970
ASUS Strix GTX 970

On the graphics card side, the added budget lets us make a considerable leap forward in potential maximum fidelity, jumping from an AMD Radeon 260x to an Nvidia GTX 970. Specifically my beloved ASUS Strix series, because the thermals are ideal for a compact build. And since the Obsidian 250D case lets us utilize full-length graphics cards, we don't have to spend the extra coin on Gigabyte's brilliant but slightly pricier mini-ITX version of the 970. (If you want to stick with the Cooler Master 110 case from the $400 build, by all means choose the more compact Gigabyte card!)

This GPU upgrade means maxing out any game you throw at it in 1080p, and high quality graphics settings even at 1440p.

Finally, the other major change is the motherboard option, with ASRock's H97M-ITX replacing the ASUS H91I-PLUS. The major difference? Onboard 802.11ac WiFi and BlueTooth, which makes the build that much more appealing. Less extremities like a USB WIFi stick to disrupt the 250D's beautiful aesthetic.

I wanted to complete the package with an SSD, but I wasn't willing to cut corners anywhere else. If you're willing to pad your budget out to about $860, you can add a serious speed boost to your OS and loading times with a 120GB Samsung 850 EVO Series SSD. Want to trim a few bucks from your SSD expense? Try a 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 for about $51.

As always, my choice of case is subjective, but also informed by personal hands-on. You can choose any mini-ITX case that appeals to you, but ensure that it supports a full size ATX power supply, and preferably a full-length graphics card.

You might also want to play around with PC hound, it can help somewhat with picking parts.
https://pchound.com/ipaJMV/

Back
Top Bottom