Passwort reset functionality with iOS

Jeff@Papers

Beta member
Hi there :)

I was given the task to find a new way to cut IT support cases at our bank. Statistics show one of the largest support ticket generating activity is password change/password resets on mobile devices.Moreover, the calls are very heavy on the team as individuals blame IT for a slow and ineffective process.🙄

Currently, calls take up to 20 minutes which is quite costly for the company.

It is quite hard for us to focus on essential IT tasks when we have 2-3 hours of password reset requests daily.

Fyi: I'm the IT manager and we use iOS devices exclusively with BlackBerry UEM set up.

Yeah ive used airwatch, you can simple select the device and remove password/passcode and require a new one to be set in X amount of minutes.

Also look at Intune.

Hi there, I just saw your post.

Well, the two answers above are right, however, not the most economical one. I myself opted in on Airwatch when they offered a free trial. What has happened ever since was not really a great user experience. Servers down, network overload were frequent... We moved back to our standard EMM on-prem and found this cool solution made by a Swiss company. It's called Hypergate Authenticator which works with all major EMM's, removes the necessity to input passwords regularly (SSO), works with Smart Access (Location) and your employees can do password resets on mobile devices, on the go! It was a game-changer for us. Would highly recommend it if you are looking to have an on-prem /Hybrid solution.

Hi there, I just saw your post.

Well, the two answers above are right, however, not the most economical one. I myself opted in on Airwatch when they offered a free trial. What has happened ever since was not really a great user experience. Servers down, network overload were frequent... We moved back to our standard EMM on-prem and found this cool solution made by a Swiss company. It's called Hypergate Authenticator which works with all major EMM's, removes the necessity to input passwords regularly (SSO), works with Smart Access (Location) and your employees can do password resets on mobile devices, on the go! It was a game-changer for us. Would highly recommend it if you are looking to have an on-prem /Hybrid solution.

Nice ad, 1st post from location Switzerland and happen to recommend a Switzerland company...

what you suggested is just another auth solution, so that sounds stupid.. when an MDM solution kills 2 bird with 1 stone.

Back
Top Bottom