Password Protectiong Folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul111111

Solid State Member
Hello,

I'm just curious if there is any way that you can password protect a folder (and all its contents) without using any additional programm or encription software? Is this possible?

if your using NTFS you can set user security for individual folders but NTFS is only avail for NT,W2k on. What O.S are you using?

ReseviorDog said:
if your using NTFS you can set user security for individual folders but NTFS is only avail for NT,W2k on. What O.S are you using? [/QUOTE

I am using Win98SE, I have a folder with a large amount of files in it which I am going to copy to a cd however I would like to password protect the folder or the CD, I know there are a few programmes around, however is there a way it could be done using windows itself, or if not do you know of a good encription programme. Does Winzip allow you to compress and password protect the folder?

]

Hi ReseviorDog,

I am using Window XP Home Edition and my harddisk is formatted as NTFS.
I need to make some folders invalid to other users.

So is there a way i can restrict certain users from accessing certain folders or hard drives?

Apart from making those folders as hidden because they are still accessible to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom