P4 3Ghz Equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciroalb

Baseband Member
I´d like to know the directly AMD equivalent of the P4 3Ghz...and if you think it´s going to be different on the 64-bits system. Thanks!

this is why AMD has names like 3000+ ......it means it's equivelant to 3000MHz+ to that of an Intel.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

However, although it techniclly is equal to the p4 3ghz, it generally smokes most intel chips, save for their strongest EE chips

I´ve heard from many people that AMD has better quality for the price, but that Intel does multi tasking better. Not gaming. And a 3.0Ghz by Intel does alt tabbing faster than an AMD 3200+. Is that right?

Hopefully people can keep it together...
I´ve heard from many people that AMD has better quality for the price, but that Intel does multi tasking better. Not gaming. And a 3.0Ghz by Intel does alt tabbing faster than an AMD 3200+. Is that right?
That is basically true. All you have to do is search for benchmarks, I find them much more informative than opinions. But basically, you will see certain areas where AMD wins (Gaming being one), and certain areas where Intel wins (multitasking being one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom