overheating

chatfouz

Beta member
I think my laptop is overheating.

Whole story. Asus ul30v 1.3ghz 8gb RAM x64 windows home premium

6 weeks ago. - Everything A-ok
5 weeks ago. - hard drive crash
- Replace with old 80gb hd
- Friend installs (illegal -living in CHINA) x86 windows ultimate (not 64 like i asked.

Ever since then it just never ran right.

It is running, and i don't hear the fan and don't feel air out the vent. i took it to a fella today and he opened the laptop and we saw the fan is spinning. no dirt.

But the laptop seems to be acting like it is overheating. During a movie it just oddly stops and freezes for 15-20 seconds then returns playing. random programs just stop and freeze.

I downloaded freeware called speedfan and it says the temps (After an hour use) are running 50+ C. I don't think that is overly hot. But it still seems to act like overheating issues.

I have asus uv30t. It is an older laptop, I bought it used. It has been running really slow, laggy, jumpy, and just unwell.

What can i do? any reason the fan doesn't seem to blow full power? Fix it?

I'm trying to install win8 latest release to test out if i want to wait for win 8 or just buy a new laptop. BUt

Something isn't right. From what my understanding is, since your friend installed Windows 7 Ultimate x86, you have been facing problems. Is that correct?

Yes ever since it crashed and x86 windows was installed.

Last night I installed windows 8. IT seems to be running smooth. I haven't had any freezes yet. So I don't know if it was the OS. I'll update later as I put the computer through some work.

*side note* windows 8 is kinda cool. great for touch but not really an ideal OS for mouse/touchpad. I think MS needs to add options to use the OS outside of metro for desktop/laptop users. I think there are keyboard shortcuts and I have been discovering them, and they are easier than trying toclick around, but with no help/guidance idk how MS expects ppl to know the keyboard shortcuts??

Yes ever since it crashed and x86 windows was installed.

Last night I installed windows 8. IT seems to be running smooth. I haven't had any freezes yet. So I don't know if it was the OS. I'll update later as I put the computer through some work.

*side note* windows 8 is kinda cool. great for touch but not really an ideal OS for mouse/touchpad. I think MS needs to add options to use the OS outside of metro for desktop/laptop users. I think there are keyboard shortcuts and I have been discovering them, and they are easier than trying toclick around, but with no help/guidance idk how MS expects ppl to know the keyboard shortcuts??

Ok, I am happy to hear that. Keep monitoring it. It must have been your OS.

Back
Top Bottom