Overheating

FuRgy

BSOD
Hey,
My CPU Temp. is around 60-65 degrees, and the back of the cpu is very hot..what do i do?

How many fans do u have maybe one of them has give up working be careful u might start to smell a burning smell. Unless u been farting around in bios?

farting? thats how i checked the temp, in the bios :S

anyways about the fans....i do smell a burning and smehting is definitly wrong...my PC keeps restarting, especially when i am copying cd's, the back of my CPU is very very hot...plz help

Check your heatsink, maybe reapply some thermal greese. Check your fans...um...I guess that's about all you can do.

Well, I guess make sure you have a decent sized heatsink for your processor.

Well, I'm a noob at all the mechanical stuff of inmside of a computer.....I didn't put the heatsink on, and what was that about thermal paste???

Thermal paste is just some thick junk you put between your processor core and the heat sink. You've probably fried all of it.

My guess is your fan has gone out on your processor, or like mine, is about to ^^; I guess if you could find someone to pop off the heatsink and replace it with a new one(and fan of course) and apply new thermal paste, I would think you'd be back up and running...

Yeh open your case, and just have a look, peak around etc, dont leave it too late-Or somit will melt and wreck everything.

Back
Top Bottom