Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arktik

Beta member
Ive recently turned on 3 things through ATI catylist control center, Fast Write, AGP write, AGP read. The three things made my PC Get really hot on the case where the video card and sound card are located. so i got worried and turned them all off. my PC is still overheating in that area and ive been using it withought the case entirely. When i turn on a house fan to pump cold air into the open vent it has on the side of the case, it seems to cool down a lot. But im sick of keeping that loud thing on all the time and i want to get this problem solved so i dont have to have that situation. The Powersupply fan is working properly, the video card fan is working fine, the fan on the cpu seems to be going fine as well. i cleaned my PC about a 2 mounths ago so i dont think any clogging is going on because its all clean

Thank you in advanced!

Tell me the Idle temp for your ATI card. What is the model of your card? We'll go from there.

what kind of card/ fan do you have on it? you might need to get a better card cooler.

www.arcticcooling.com has some great stuff that will help out. If your OC'ing (in a sense) then you might want to invest in something even more powerfull on the cooling side.

you can creat a duct system to bring the cool air from the fan into the case, and move the pump somewhere else in the room (opposite corner)

Finally make sure your fans are pointing in the right directions to move air throughtout the case.

i have a ATI Radeon 9800pro 256mb agp card. im not sure what type of fan i have but it appears to be 1 120mm fan like really close to the motherboard, mounted on a duct which is connected to the hole. If that doesn't count as a fan, then i have none at all other than that. But i do have a 120mm mount available underneith my powersupply which ill proibibally put in a fan. But if it is possible to find a solution to this problem as well before mounting that that would be great because it ran before without anything here without problems, why cant it run now problemless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom