Overclocking

jcon891

Daemon Poster
ok, im sure a lot of people are confused about this too.

i know that overclocking a computer is forcing the parts that you have to work at a faster speed, or something like that, but i just wanted to know if someone could post the exact steps to overclocking the parts of your computer (if its too complicated just tell me what you have to do basically)
Thank You,
Joe :D

search CF for this, im pretty sure this has been posted lots of times. also its different to OC a AMD than to OC a INTEL

jcon89 said:
ok, im sure a lot of people are confused about this too.

i know that overclocking a computer is forcing the parts that you have to work at a faster speed, or something like that, but i just wanted to know if someone could post the exact steps to overclocking the parts of your computer (if its too complicated just tell me what you have to do basically)
Thank You,
Joe :D

What CPU do you have?? If you have an Intel processor, it is easier but you need to watch the heat levels. WIth an AMD, it doesn't heat up quickly, but more tweaking is required.

oh noo, im not looking to overclock my pc. i am simply asking exactly what overclocking is. my computer isnt good enough. it is really bad. ill just look around on cf

jcon89 said:
oh noo, im not looking to overclock my pc. i am simply asking exactly what overclocking is. my computer isnt good enough. it is really bad. ill just look around on cf

Overclocking is rasing the actual physical speeds of the hardware in order to push more performance out of them. This is done by raising certain settings in the BIOS, such as the Front Side BUS, the HTT Multiplier (on a AMD), the CPU Multiplier ( on most P4s and AMD FX chips), the VDIMM voltages, the CPU core voltages, etc. If a proper balance is found, you will accomplish a significant increase in performance, raising a computer to another level of a 200$ increase from a retailer (ex: raising a P4 2.8GHz to 3.2GHz saves you around 130$) Heat is an issue, but if proper cooling is used and temps are kept in check, overclocking has NO side effects provided it is stable.

Back
Top Bottom