Overclocking.....Sould i...........

Overclocking.....Should i...........

I have a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz w/ stock cooling,I would like to overclock it to 3.0 Ghz,Is That very dangerous,and how can i overclock it?? I cant through the bios,it wont let me :mad: .

3Ghz would be easy, and not dangerous at all.
But since the bios is locked I doubt there is any way except flashing the bios. But if you are only going to increase it by 0.2Ghz I wouldn't bother flashing the bios. You could also try some overclocking software, but I'm not sure if those will work either.

Yes OCing can be done thru the BIOS or software. But alot of it depends on the mobo and processor

SheikZ said:
So there is a way to overclock without the BIOS on your computer?

yeah there are some programs for it. But since the bios is locked these programs might not work (or have support for your mobo) But it's always worth a try.

yea .2ghz wont be hard like they said, but if you decide to increase it more, just make sure you add some type of aftermarket cooling

neodude112320 said:
Can anybody recomend a program 2 do it??

You could try Clockgen, but your motherboard may not be supported, or you may have to find it from a list. It auto-detected mine, so it was very easy for me. They have a list on their site, if you happen to know your motherboard. You have to click "PLL Setup" and select a code from the list. Clockgen is the only free software I know of that works through Windows, but there may be more.

Back
Top Bottom