overclocking problems...

gamerxx131

Beta member
My computer has been acting weird. When i try starting it up, from complete shutdown, it like stalls, you can here everything running, and the video card seems to be running at max fan...and nothing happens, nothing will come on the screen. but then if you hit the reset button, the same thing will happen for a brief few seconds and then it will start up fine. windows vista works fine and everything runs smoothly.

Another problem is as well the computer doesn't overclock anymore. Whenever i try to overclock it even to 2.5 or 2.6 it will reset midway of loading vista. Before my computer worked totally fine...what is exactly happening now..I'm confused..

if you need my specs they are listed below..thanks for the help! in desperation!

http://profile.imageshack.us/u...tail/#254/p1000598.jpg

q6600 g0 stepping
gigabyte ds4 p35
4 gigs Gskill 2x2gb ddr2 800
9800 gx2
corsair 520 hx

It could be the PSU, could be your power switch also. I had the same exact problem with my motherboard and I took the whole setup out of the case and tested it running out of the case on a cardboard box and tested it without using the power switch from the case and found it wasnt the case power switch. It started fine outside the case so I put it back in and it worked sometimes but not all the time so I flashed my bios and it worked perfect after that and havent had a problem since. When you flashed the bios did you go to the manufactures website and download the newest version?

yah thats what i did. i did take it apart and test everything. i took out everything so the mobo was just connected to the case and see if it starts up. it would give me the same thing. the fans would turn on but nothing on the screen. im not sure. its hard to test the power supply.

yeah if you had another power supply I would say try that. I had one laying around the house that I used to test with and found out that wasnt it. That is when I took it out of the case and try it. I have an atx control kit which has a power switch so that I didnt have to use the power button from the case. It could also be the motherboard though too. there is many things it could be, the only way to really tell is to just keep trying out things and testing each individual peice of hardware to rule out things

Does your motherboard have a power switch on it so that you dont have to use the case power switch?

**Edit I just read you said you had everything taken out of the case but the motherboard was still in? Try taking the motherboard out of the case as well and place it on a peice of cardboard or something NONconductive (DO NOT USE a CARPETED Floor static electricity and circuit boards = fried components) and power it on while the motherboard is not connected to the case either.

thank you very much for your help. i unplugged everything and plugged everything back in. im talking about the power supply and the power button the the system and now everything works fine! thank you very much for your help.

Back
Top Bottom