Overclocking Nvdia Geforce 560ti 2gb

justykumbusty

Baseband Member
Hello- I was recently looking at overclocking this gpu, but I wanted to know what I could get out of it max before it will crash- also what should I change- I know I need to increase memory and gpu by 10-30 at beginning the. Go to 5, and should I increase voltage?

*= WildCat =* said:
OCing should be done in small increments hon but if you push untill it (as you said > what I could get out of it max before it will crash < this may be damaging :)

Ok so just to understand it would be better to not do it at all- or are there any auto?

i can not tell you how much it can handle. you need to figure it out yourself or checking some overclocking benchmarks.

i personally crank the core up 50 as a starting point, and then go slowly up.
For the memory i crack it up 100mhz as a starting point.
if the card has a reference design you can increase the voltage, but if it does not have one it will depend on the manufacture to unlock it and update there overclocking software. if you are overclocking more then "just a little boost" it is recommended that you increase the voltage. it will allow for a higher and more stable overclock.

EchoNatek said:
i can not tell you how much it can handle. you need to figure it out yourself or checking some overclocking benchmarks.

i personally crank the core up 50 as a starting point, and then go slowly up.
For the memory i crack it up 100mhz as a starting point.
if the card has a reference design you can increase the voltage, but if it does not have one it will depend on the manufacture to unlock it and update there overclocking software. if you are overclocking more then "just a little boost" it is recommended that you increase the voltage. it will allow for a higher and more stable overclock.

So just to get this straight-if I do what you said at those increments I should be fine- how would you say it is too high of an incrament?

it depends on the card when it's too high.
a little overclock never hurts. even my card which is a very bad overclocking card is easily capable of going 50mhz higher on the core.
and it is without voltage increase, because my card doesn't support that.

but as wildcat stated. it can be damaging long term (if you are doing more then "just a little boost" overclcok). it's on your own risk.

Back
Top Bottom