Overclocking Help!!!!!

ExGamer

In Runtime
ok I will post a pic ..i have Oc'd a few other pcs but this one im having trouble with...My Abit program says the cpu it at 27 C In the picture the normal settings are 133 on CPU FSB CLOCK MHZ I managed to get it up to 144...Its What can i overclock 2 and what do i up my voltage 2 ...(without hurting it)
100_9286.jpg

Ty

uhh..what cpu is that and what heatsink/fan are you using. And what RAM are you using?

It has many factors in determining that. You wont hurt your cpu if you just stop when it becomes unstable. Abit is genrally stable but it depends on your mobo, RAM, and cpu core, stepping revision. To find out the cpu information, download cpu-z. To test to see if stable download Prime95.

What is your ratio of RAM to CPU?
What are the stock voltages?
What are your ram timings?

You can raise voltages up atick. Here this will help you http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=263753 .

But bassiclly, if you stop when temps get too high and unstable thats fine. It is when people keep going regardless if stable or high temps.

This pc Is a lil on the lower side ...... 256MB of ram (Upgrading to a gig or 2 very soon.....P4 2.53 GHz 512kb Cache 128MB Graphics card...And just standard Intel fan came in the box.

it probably is...its a 2.5 ghz p4 and that is before prescotts came out. ExGamer: get a better heatsink/fan and i asked you what brand of RAM you have not how much.

My adive, dont OC. You have horrible cooling and bad RAM. It's just not worth it. Those people who say they OC so much have decent cooling and RAM. I'd just OC so where it is perfectly stable and you will be able toidentify that point. This advice is coming from a constant OC'er with experence,

Back
Top Bottom