overclocking error ?

sfxhewitt

In Runtime
hi i have overclocked my processor and my ram processor is e6750 @ fsb-1533 and ram is at 767 when i boot up i get this error at the top of the screen

is this because i have overclocked my ram because it says 333mhz which is what my ram is ddr2 667 obviously the 333 is doubled so should i put my ram back to default ?

Were you getting this before you started overclocking?

Your board supports 1333mhz processors right?

Looks like it only supports 1033mhz (older type), and the E6750 is a 1333mhz processor (a new type).

You may want to look for a BIOS update if it was doing it originally, OR, check BIOS settings for a setting you've changed by mistake

DDR2 does double it so if you got a 333 mhz ram, it would be 667. try no to overclock because C2D is crap for oc it stuffs up your ram. amd works fine

actually i have to admit that was a controversial statement there
the only AMD cpus that oc well now a days are the brisbains
and the C2Ds do oc very well

and for sfxhewitt
i would d wat kage said check if theres a bios update and also try a system heath report and other things
also try to see if u have any drivers u need to update (vista has too many ways on how to do that)

DDR2 does double it so if you got a 333 mhz ram, it would be 667. try no to overclock because C2D is crap for oc it stuffs up your ram. amd works fine

Are you on crack or heroin? :p C2D's are the best procs for OCing (brisbanes are up there too). I have my e6600 at 3.8Ghz no probs. If I get better RAM I bet you I could get it to 4.0 Ghz.

Back
Top Bottom