Overclocking computer

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I've tried using SETFSB to increase the FSB frequency but am having a bit of a problem with it.

Here's the motherboard info.

1 motherboard info.jpg

Here's what setfsb shows. The clock generator shown is the only one that will display right so it may be the correct one.

1 setfsb.jpg

Now I can adjust the settings and when I click Set FSB it reverts to the initial settings shown in the photo above.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or is there a better program that can do what I want or is that not the exact right clock generator or is it that somehow it is set to where the clock generator values cannot be changed?

I would like to increase the FSB some as I got the processor multiplier at its max of 9.5 and am trying to get just a little more performance out of the computer

Here's the processor info

1 processor.jpg

So its basically read only then.

Any way to unlock it?

Unless the clock is one of the chips that has a heatsink on it I didn't see one on the board. However there is a chip with a small heatsink on it near the CPU. Maybe that's the clock.

That program i think only covers clocks up to 2009 so even though it reads right could it not be the right clock?

Ultimately I'm going to have to buy or build a better pc when I have the money.

You're trying to tune the FSB which is overall clock for most everything. FSB being raised will raise memory clock, and sometimes PCI-E/PCI clocks unless they're divider locked. Due to this board being an embedded variant those types of features are usually firmware locked to keep things as stable as possible. Not only that, but most of those kind of software suck and don't work anyways.

Oh I see so it could be a custom variant of the PLL that has the default settings preset and locks out being able to change them.

Too bad there wasn't a faster processor made for that motherboard that I know of.

The idea was to adjust the PLL so that I could get a little more performance out of the PC.

Some PLLs are simply locked for the intended purpose of the board.

That CPU has an unlocked multiplier so it can definitely go higher than 9 or 9.5. Last ditch effort, try a program called Throttlestop. You can find it on TPU. If that doesn't allow adjusting the multiplier then everything is locked down per your board.

Ill try it.

That program actually did work as two cores were running at 1600MHz and setting them to 9.5 got them to the speed of the other two cores which had their multiplier set to 9.5 by default.

Throttlestop can go to a multiplier of 10.5, but using CPU-Z it still shows 9.5 as the multiplier, however if I go to 9.0 I see it change in CPU-Z to 9.0 so throttlestop is working.

Back
Top Bottom