Overclocking and Homemade Cooling System Question

starwars120

Baseband Member
Hi, I have been overclocking my CPU lately and just messing around with voltages and FSB speeds and such, but of course I want more :p So I'm getting some better memory to help me overclock, cause believe it or not, it's kinda stopping me right now 8| But I was wondering since once I get that memory I'm probably gonna start pumping some more volts into my CPU, memory, and possibly my GPU, if it would be a good idea to just go ahead and make a homemade air conditioning system for my computer. I have a good amount of room to the side of my computer and my dad has appliance, plumbing, electrician experience under his belt and we were talking about going to a junk yard and looking through some things to find some stuff to make pretty much a mini air conditioner to blow some nice cold air into my case. Temps for my CPU run at about 32 C with minimal programs open and iTunes running, and in the high 30's possibly low low 40's at max. GPU runs 49-51 C idle and gets around 60 or so max. Memory runs at about mid 40's idle, not sure of max though. So, I was wondering if I were to create and install an air conditioning system for my computer case, would I see a good improvement, or should I just go for an individual unit for cooling my CPU? Mainly I'm worried for the CPU, but having an overall drop in temp would be nice as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

hmm... if you have enough room in the case, a mini air conditioning system would work pretty good. and if you can find pretty good parts at a junkyard, it can be free! just be sure you keep air circulation going. just an AC system wont cut it, you are going to need to keep some of your fans to keep the air moving.

oh, and if you are feeling adventurous, get a water cooling block.. can get expensive, but it cools like no other

what u might want to try and do is create a water cooling system
build a water setup and find a way to keep the water really cold like 40 degree
or dont use water use like anti freeze and keep that like really cold

We were talking about using refrigerant, though that can be expensive, but in stead of just getting a nice big fan and blowing the cold air into the case, we were thinking of just getting a water cooling block like some of the things you guys were suggesting and just doing that. But if it was homemade I would be too afraid of moisture getting into my computer case. And plus I am on kinda a budget, and I figure if my CPU is kinda cool now, it might not be necessary to go for water cooling or something, just lower the overall temps.

Back
Top Bottom