Overclocking an Intel over 5ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
As long as your not dumb w/ it its like the same as dry ice.
Same as dry ice? It's significantly colder than dry ice (solid carbon dioxide). Not to mention it's a liquid. As a result, it can not only do much more damage than solid carbon dioxide, but is more likely to do so as a result of its ability to spill.

If a chunk of dry ice fell on your hand, you'd be able to drop it, pretty much reflexively. Now imagine a small amount of liquid nitrogen pouring on your hand. Instant frostbite. Not pleasant, definitely much more dangerous.

dry ice:
CO2
or
O = C = O

liquid nitrogen:
N2
or
N ≡ N

anyway, I've seen an article about that 7GHZ P4.

but I think we shouldlook forward to the next CPU's out

P.P. Mguire said:
I said its LIKE the same as dry ice. I didnt say it was exactly the same, because that is wrong.
When you said it was "LIKE the same" as dry ice, especially since you were responding to a post that talked about not wanting to fool around with it, you seemed to imply that the approximate danger of handling these is similar "as long as you're not dumb". My point was that it's not. Liquid nitrogen is much more dangerous to handle, for the reasons I outlined in my previous post.

If you meant something completely different, I'm still missing it. Please clarify.

There's even a whole article on it. That's a single transistors SWITCH speed, not a network of millions of transistors working together to form a CLOCK speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom