Overclocking an AMD 4000+ San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBebop26

In Runtime
Anyone know what the max temp for it is, I cant find it anywhere. Also does an idle temp of around 33-35 sound alright? Its on a Zalman 7700-Cu. I was a bit afraid about it, I was hoping for something more like 30, not afraid but wished it was lower.

-Ryan

33-35 isnt bad at all. My video card idles at 60, and that is rather normal. What does it do under load?

I'm not sure under load, I need a program to find that out. Just to make sure were clean, when I say 33-35 I mean CPU. I think my cards are at 53ish but I have a fan blowing on the side of my case, I dont have a side on it because of the fan. If there is a downside to SLI its heat!

-Ryan

Oh I know it was the CPU and not the GPU, I was just saying that for comparison purposes. Grab Prime95 and run the hell out of that and watch your temps and then post them.

what exactly is the point in comparing GPU temps to CPU temps when they are COMPLETELY different.......that's apples and oranges and it doesn't give him any idea what so ever of what a good or safe temp for the san diego is.

Your temp is fine dude, but idle doesn't really mean squat.....it's always full load that you gotta concern yourself with, even so it doesn't seem like it'd get that hot under load.

Well I also have a fan blowing on my case because the case sucks nuts and there is no airflow and the video cards pump out heat.

-Ryan

You have a fan blowing air, directly onto the case itself...? As for any AMD64, among many other processors. You do not want to exceed 65 degrees celcius. As for comparing a GPU to a CPU, thats completely different. Alot of GPU's run over 80 degrees celcius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom