Overclocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPeRViRuS

In Runtime
My card is the Evga6800nu(regular version)
its stock is 325 core 700 memory
Aliright, b4 i overclocked my card today, i had it at 350 and 750.

so being bored, i decided to overclock further, so went from that and like 2 hours later i was at, 400mhz core and 800mhz memory. now the benchmarks i got in 3dmark03 were around 9100- 9200. now they are 10350.is this type of boost really normal?? Also my gpu is like 48 C when idle and not sure how it is when running a full load.

Nubius

Golden Master
.is this type of boost really normal??
When your card is already pretty powerful, a small boost goes a long way. It's when your card is past it's prime and you overclock the hell out of it, that you'll only notice a small increase, because by that time the tests are more taxing on the system, so overall yeah for that card that boost is about right, where-as my FX 5700, when OC'd the furthest it can go, will either cause the bench to freeze, or when I lower it just below the testable level I only gain 300pts in 3dmark03, but I really notice a few extra FPS in games. So in short, yeah that's normal for you, but I'd try and keep an eye on the GPU Temps

csw3190

In Runtime
SNiPeRViRuS said:
My card is the Evga6800nu(regular version)
its stock is 325 core 700 memory
Aliright, b4 i overclocked my card today, i had it at 350 and 750.

so being bored, i decided to overclock further, so went from that and like 2 hours later i was at, 400mhz core and 800mhz memory. now the benchmarks i got in 3dmark03 were around 9100- 9200. now they are 10350.is this type of boost really normal?? Also my gpu is like 48 C when idle and not sure how it is when running a full load.

not bad...not bad @ all!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.