overclock problem

newjacksm

In Runtime
ok so I just ventured into overclocking.I overclocked my cpu to 3600 with 1.5v and my ram to 1066 each with 1.875v after I saved and exited it turns on but I get no screen whats the deal? did I just fry the shit out of something?

I have ADATA 4 gb (2sticks) ddr 2 and amd II 940 BE cpu

no you just have it set so that it is unstable. Reset your CMOS and it should boot with all the default settings. You may have a jumper on your board to reset it if not just remove the battery on your motherboard for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and it should reset your BIOS to stock

Probably just clocked it too high. Try starting just a bit over the stock clocks and slowly work your way up.

I had the CPU just fine I think the ram is what did it the voltages on the ram at least... I dont know what to set the ram voltages thanks guys got scared for a second first time OC'ing

yeah try reseting the CMOS and try and boot it up. This will reset the voltage changes and everything else you did so it should boot after that.

I lost the manual to my mobo there is 2 ways to resetting the mobo RTC and CPR and the manual online shows how to RTC but not CPR.. Aggravating..

I did it doesn't give the full manual it gives part of it... when it says do CPR go to page 1.23 it only goes to page 1.10 and then goes to 2.1 its bull all day been getting the bad end of the stick heh... If i pull out the CMOS Lithium battery will it reset?

nevermind i am just going to do the jumper CPR wouldnt work for me because well I never saved any bios setting will be doing this though.
--------------------------

EDIT

ok I am up and running can anyone tell me how this looks? I overclocked my ram but kept the voltages the same and same thing with the CPU so far so good is there anything that could happen doing this? I dont see any problem. I may up the cpu +50mw but i only clocked it +400mhz

jpegcomp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom