over the air HD channels?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
ive searched some googles and came up with bunch of pages from 2009 but nothing updated.

anyone know where i can find more updated info on over the air digital channels for each area?
im tired of dinky comcast box and their remote...
and if anyone can recommed a good outdoor antenna to get best reception/ most channels

If you are 30 or more miles away from the transmitting antennas for your area then digital TV over the air is going to be nothing but a nightmare. The channels should be the same as your regular local channels from yesteryear except some will have a .* like channel 5.2.

I am upwards of 100 miles from a few towers, the closest to me is ~30 miles and I get ~95% of the full signal from the closest ones... Nothing that proper pointing, mounting, cables, and pre-amp can't solve honestly, if you get a good quality omni-directional antenna, or multiple directional antennas and a combiner, oh, and the higher up you can get the antenna, the better, that's why I am lucky, I could place it on top of a house that sits high up.

Go here for the best available lists for your area, they report all full powered towers with-in a reasonable distance.

The Digital TV Transition: Reception Maps

dtvmapforme.jpg

We were on a hill 26 miles away from the antennas that were also on a large hill with a huge omni-directional antenna mounted 15ft up on a pole with no trees around and kept having problems. That's why I gave up on regular TV.

anyone else is welcome to chime in about quality of the tv
i would like to know also

The gist of it is, if you can get decent signal it isn't that bad. Just remember, that when you start to lose digital signal it comes in a form of corruption and stutter rather than white noise.

oh yea i fugured that. for me it seems like most of the stations are in same exact area there are only 3 stations that i want that are either 30-40 degrees off and one is opposite.
dont know if i should get a unidirectional antenna or 2 directional antenna and a coupler.

are there multi directional antennas? like a set of 3 directional antennas in one.

oh i was under the impression that omnidirectional has less pickup than a directional one.
the outdoor ones i mean

Back
Top Bottom