Outrage over Obama's Stimulus "Scheme". . .

lemme straighten some things up here:

This bailout isn't being paid for by the government. They have no money. Its being paid for by us. Why do we pay the government to pay us?

Welfare, social security, Medicaid and medicare are totally BS government money making programs. The government DOES turn a small profit running them. Why should I be paying a crap load of money I earn to the gov only to get less of it back when I retire? And then if I'm only making minimum wage, I'd get more than I put in? BS.

This government has become too corrupt with power and really needs to have MAJOR cuts to it done. As in bing 1/3d the size it is. Too much of what they are doing is totaly crap and just wasting out tax money.

We're not going to pay the bailout right now. It will go into debt. That's the whole point. If we would be paying it right it would be dumb. It's kind of like asking your parents for your allowance a little early. The ones who will suffer from this is the generation that is in school. In 30 years, this is our debt.

and whats ironic is people our age were huge obama supporters.

Now its coming back to bite them all in the ass. And I hope it hurts really bad.

Good thing I'm going into engineering, I'll need the money.

Someone would have been f***** regardless. If it's Obama doesn't come out with a stimulus package, odds are this current workforce would have been kicked out of their homes. I'd rather pay the debt than have my family out in the street (although we're relatively unaffected by the crisis).

I agree that government has become way too big. Big government was never the plan for America, even when it was founded. Why do you think there are checks and balances? So that government can never control our lives.

That is were it's getting at today though. Government is becoming more and more powerful.

according to the declaration we are supposed to overthrow the government now. Too bad the constitution outlawed that by defining treason as a crime.

The government began to take control back after WWII. Everybody was scared of communism so they ended up giving control to the government. Ironic eh?

Here's the thing about the stimulus. By paying others mortages, we are helping ourselves in a way. The neighbor down the road, that isn't able to pay for his house, which is the same value as yours, as well as you can pay for your own, so we need to help him out. If you don't, and you say, well, he can move into a cheaper house... well, then his current house will go into foreclosure, causing the value of your house to go down as well. This is only the beginning of a chain reaction. That causes some other neighbor, or yourself to have less equity in your own house, and that equity might drop below the debts you have, causing you to go into forclosure as well, lowering the value of the other houses even more...

So basically, we who are smart, get screwed either way. We loose money by paying some other idiots mortages, or someone elses foreclosure lowering the value of our own houses...
If these people hadn't been stupid in the first place, we wouldn't have these problems, but now there is nothing we can do...

And the banks made stupid mistakes as well. They make a good decision and make profit, it's their gain, but not ours. If they do something stupid, and loose money, it's our money lost, but not theirs. So because of this, they take some stupid risks.

Now its coming back to bite them all in the ass. And I hope it hurts really bad.

:rolleyes: This is exactly what's hurting our country right now. People can't seem to put their political differences aside, and work together to make best of what we currently have. The election is over.

Back
Top Bottom