Outlook Trouble! Please Help!

brandonj

Solid State Member
Alright guys, I'm setting up office email for a small HVAC company and I am having a world of a time trying to setup an Outlook account.

I've set up several before (generally POP3) but in this case, I cannot figure out what is causing the issue.

I am forwarding a yahoo account to Outlook and just for verification, here are my values:

Incoming: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Verified the Username/password, also I have an internet connection and I've tested other accounts(non yahoo) and they work fine, it's this single account that is giving me trouble.

When I try to send/recieve I get another window popping up saying "Enter Network Password" With three fields: server, username and password. All of which checks out but when I hit "OK" it just pops right back up and keeps me in this loop.

Any takers?

THANKS!

A long shot, but try:

Incoming: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Thanks for the try Chip,but still in the same Loop.

No changes.

Someone has posted that yahoo doesn't allow mail client fowarding..which I find hard to believe..but I've never been one to personally use yahoo as it blows.

GMAIL FTW

Still researching, but I just wanted to add that I've added exceptions for Outlook in Windoze Firewall/Avira

HRM

Shat!

Apparently, free yahoo accounts don't work.

Back
Top Bottom