Outlook Signature question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halchka99

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I had a quick question regarding outlook.

At our office some of the customer service people are having trouble spell checking their signature they send out.

When they use a pre set signature in their reply and they add a few more lines to the pre set sig the spell check does not pick up misspelled words.

I have tried everything i can think of but the spell check does not pick up errors in the sig.

Anyone have any clues as to how to fix this?

Thanks

first what version of outlook are you using?
The sig changed a little in the last few releases.
so I hope you can explain this a little better...

this is the sig (preset)

simon crow
have a good day

this is the sig plus bad spelling

simon crow
have a good day
thnak yuo.

the last on is not getting the spell check done to it. This is what I'm getting from what you described. is that correct?

well, I'm at a loss... It's very possible that the older version of outlook don't do that, but I can't confirm it as I only have 2002 and 2003. Maybe another will be able to help you.
sorry and good luck

Are you using F7 to spell check or just hitting send? I want to try and reproduce the situation. Outlook 2k3 doesn't do it.

here is what she does...

replies to an email...she then inserts one of her pre set sigs from the drop down.

Then she needs to add a couple lines to the pre set sigs before she sends it out.

That is when if she misspells something spell check will not pick it up. Even if you manually click on spelll check.

It does not find any errors.

If she is inserting the signature into the original message it's probably only setup to spellcheck the new message on the reply.
Go into Tools--->Options and click on the Spelling tab. Uncheck the box that says "Ignore original message text in reply or forward".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom