Outlook signature missing when attaching PDF to email

karina1

Solid State Member
This is a strange little bug... and severely annoying to my co-workers as they use this function frequently.
In Adobe, you hit File--> Attach to Email, and it opens your new message in Outlook, but their signature is missing. Beyond this there are other strange things sometimes happening; it doesn't indicate if the message has been sent (when it has been), it has to be force closed, you can't view other windows... But the signature problem is the main priority now. Anyone? Clues?
Thanks!!

You can't just hit the signature button (Upper right hand of the screen) before you send it?

Can, sure, but the point is to have it done automatically. My co-workers (and one particularly finicky attorney that I am helping) find it incredibly inconvenient to have to go through the extra (however few) steps to manually add one of their many variations of signatures. It *should* be able to be automatic, as the settings in Outlook do. ...Just not when attaching a PDF in this manner... It is added automatically in every other scenario using Outlook.

When you're sending the PDFs, are they right clicking on the PDF and then selecting "Send To.. > Email" to generate the email?

Negative; they are sending from within the pdf via the file menu --> "attach to email"...

Doing a little digging on support.microsoft, it looks like they stopped giving work arounds for this after Outlook 2002 and have still failed to fix the issue (even though all the workaround were the exact same verbiage... how to insert it manually)

When a non-office program sends a document to Outlook to be attached, Outlook defaults to plain text format, leaving out the RTF signature.
When an Office program sends a document to Outlook to be attached, Outlook creates an HTML format email, but still fails to insert the signature.

There is no fix for this. Apparently Microsoft has not caught up with how extremely lazy people expect their computers to allow them to be.

Well, I guess they're out of luck! Thanks for looking.... So anti-climactic... ;)

Back
Top Bottom