outlook express

jujugiants

Solid State Member
I set it up a new computer in my home office (connected via cable modem), and also want to access the program from the downstairs computer (wireless connection).

The problem is some incoming emails show up on the office program and others show up on the downstairs machine (I think when the downstairs machine is on, even if outlook not opened, it becomes the default program. Messages will only show up on one of the machines, not both)

do you know if there is a way to make all messages default to the home office computer, but still have access to them on the downstairs computer?

Thanks

You need to find out first if your ISP/email server will allow you to do this.

In Outlook Express go to Tools>>Accounts>>Mail Tab>>select your account>>Properties>>Advanced Tab>>select "Leave a copy of messages on server".

An email client such as Outlook Express or Outlook is a software program that essentially extracts your emails from an email host server. Once it has been extracted to your Outlook Express inbox on one of your pc's (PC #1), it is no longer on the email server at your ISP. Therefore, if you go to another computer (PC #2) with Outlook Express configured with the exact same email account, you will not be able to download the emails you previously downloaded on PC #1 and vice versa.

If your ISP will allow you to "Leave a copy of messages on server" then the above will set that up. Then both pc's will have ALL emails sent to that account.

Dont get your hopes up though ... it's been my experience that 99% of ISP's will say "NO" to your request, because it will use up their server hard drive capacity.

Back
Top Bottom