Out paying bills and surprise!

The cable will raise the bill without any warning so I'm in control in this case. The bill went up $20 and I found that my service discount had expired before I forked over the money.

Here contracts don't change within their validity. A change in a promotion/discount is fixed as per the signed/accepted contract, and if they change, they don't change without notifications and a confirmation from the customer of receiving that notification. Once the contract expires, the default case is disconnecting the service, unless specified otherwise in the contract.

As for payment thru bank transfer, it does not happen automatically unless decided in the contract by the customer. By default, it is payed manually. This means the bill can be checked thoroughly as usual. All bills can be checked electronically or by phone.

I thought the above was a norm all over the world.

Here contracts don't change within their validity. A change in a promotion/discount is fixed as per the signed/accepted contract, and if they change, they don't change without notifications and a confirmation from the customer of receiving that notification. Once the contract expires, the default case is disconnecting the service, unless specified otherwise in the contract.

As for payment thru bank transfer, it does not happen automatically unless decided in the contract by the customer. By default, it is payed manually. This means the bill can be checked thoroughly as usual. All bills can be checked electronically or by phone.

I thought the above was a norm all over the world.
That is the norm in the US also, anything else would constitute a fraud and be decided in court.

Really? How about I give you an F off?

I thought that's how you get it gone.

a friend of mine moved house and left a sofa on the kerb for a day with a sign saying free...

did not shift.

next day put a sign on it saying £20, it was gone within the hour. (stolen)

Back
Top Bottom