Out of Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I have a Western Digital 36.7GB Raptor HD, and im out of space. Im down 1GB. So im going to need another harddrive ASAP. As I understand it harddrives dont preform well running that low on space. So my question is, what type of hard drive do I get? Do I get a 300GB ATA Drive at 7200 RPM, do I get a 300GB SATA Drive at 7200 RPM, (they don't have to be 300GB's I just used them as an example), or do I get another WD 36.7GB Drive at 10k RPM and Raid them together?

I would recommend the 300gb SATA harddrive, because that seems to be the standard HD from what I hear. Definatly NO on the extra raptor, they may be fast, but not enough memory and they arn't really worth it to tell the truth, all they give is faster installations and boot up speed.

Which drive should I set as primary and which slave? Should I instal the OS and programs I use on a daily basis on the WD Drive, and then keep all other types of media, and less used programs on the bigger hard drive, and what brands do you recommend?

The Raptors aren't ment to be storage drives.

Run only your OS and installed programs on the Raptor. Then save all data files, music, movies etc on the larger, slower drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom