Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree... but (I don't know the whole thing, so don't shoot me) it's not the OS itself... it's something about the coding that makes it up, that the EU thinks is wrong, or illegal... I can't remmeber the whole story and I'm watching Midway, so I'm lazy right now to look it up! :p

What was said above is yes and no. They dont want him to open source all of it. Basically, what is happening is this. 3rd party server software that tried to interact with windows software gets buggy because lack of support for microsoft on that one section of code. So essentially what happens is that only microsoft server software is completely compatible with windows. They want MS to release the source code (only the parts that are needed) so that other companies can better intergrate with windows and not be so **** buggy. However, its not as easy as it sounds and is why it takes along time. Unfortunately, the judge probably has no idea about coding and set a time frame that is about impossible to reach. So its people setting deadlines who know nothing about the business.

What was said above is yes and no. They dont want him to open source all of it. Basically, what is happening is this. 3rd party server software that tried to interact with windows software gets buggy because lack of support for microsoft on that one section of code. So essentially what happens is that only microsoft server software is completely compatible with windows. They want MS to release the source code (only the parts that are needed) so that other companies can better intergrate with windows and not be so **** buggy. However, its not as easy as it sounds and is why it takes along time. Unfortunately, the judge probably has no idea about coding and set a time frame that is about impossible to reach. So its people setting deadlines who know nothing about the business.
Thank you for clearing that up. :)

HAVOC2k5 said:
Great... Now the Price of Windows Vista just went up...

$599 for and Operating system... lol
Sources?

You know that the original price list was a complete hoax, correct? Microsoft's not stupid - they won't charge $600 for an OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom