Other people using my commputer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
This is REALLY starting to tick me off... UNFORTUNATELY, I'm almost 29 and was forced to move back in with my parents.. *shudder* -Due to no work out west and otherwise a long story.. Almost lost my house, unemployed for a year.. yadda yadda sob story..

Anyway. my ma doesn't have a laptop and almost EVERY OTHER DARN TIME she uses my laptop, she manages to mess up my darn tabs under Firefox... NOW I'm logged off of all my boards for some reason..

I know she's not snooping, she could care less, but EVERY TIME I tell her to Use the tab on the far right side (Normally my disposable or temporary tab in the line)... no, she'll argue till she's blue in the face that she diddn't use one of my forum tabs to access her darn email.. even when I SHOW HER THE HISTORY FOR THE DARNN THING!!! :very_angry: SHE'LL STILL ARGUE that she didn't do it... OMG..... I've explained this 'tabs' thing to her a million times, and when I get irritated she just laughs at me and threatens me with christmas music.. (I REALLY hate all this christmas music here.. it's non stop since a week before thanksgiving and I've had my darn fill.)....

We're normally pretty laid back about stuff, but this is really starting to irritate me.. I've threatened her with taking HER privileges from my laptop.. I ought to go buy her one for thanksgiving.. :crazy: The way I explain my tabs is like me going into her office and throwing her papers around.. She's making me lose my place of where I was when she messes with my tabs.. I have a lot going on, and I like to keep track of where I left off.. -Almost as frustrating as when FF/IE Loses your tabs when you update.. I save mine. -Under bookmark all tabs.

Anyway..

[/mini-rant]

in windows there is this really nice feature... called guest account

maybe you can enable that guest account feature and actually log off your own account when you don't use it?

Reminds of my mum, she used to think you couldn't close Firefox until you closed all the tabs first >_<

But yeah, simple answers, and already said.

^ lol.. I like that one.. She had a hard time logging on once when she thought I changed the PW.... I asked her if the # lock was on, she said yes... No it wasn't.. (Needless to have a PW on this comp.. nothing important, really.. No #'s or anything.. )

I appreciate the suggestions, y'all.. Honestly,...

But I was just venting and looking for some sympathy/empathy..

If you really want them to stay out of your hard drive, then I would suggest purchasing another hard drive. Install a copy of Windows on for them to abbuse.
And then keep the other hard drive around for yourself.

1 hard drive is family, other hard drive is yours.

Even with guest accounts, all it takes is on idiot to download a virus that total screw windows and you are formatting. I have seen this happen many times with my clients where it's one computer for the entire family. Especially when they have teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom