Ot Dock.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofraven

In Runtime
hi everyone! i got the friends greeting virus again surfing, and nortons caught it and quarentined it, so i did a scan for virus and it quarentined the OTDOCK.DLL file, my question is , does this mean this file is no longer in use? and if not do i need to replace it? and what is the file for? what steps should i take? thank you all for your help :)

The file is part of the virus, it is created when the friends greeting program is installed, here is a list of them.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Media\Install.log
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Media\Otdock.dll
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Media\Otglove.dll
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Media\Otms.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Media\Otupdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Media\Uninstal.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Media\Winsrvc.dat
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Media\Winsrvc.exe

You should be able to delete all of them with no problem to real programs, here is a link to SARC:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.friendgreet.worm.html

thank you my friend, :) do i have to find and delete these files or are they ok if quarentined?

also when i go to programfiles\common files, there is a folder in there called media. should i delete it? is it the virus folder?

id probably have Norton delete all of them, just go to the quarantine section of norton and ask it to delete all quarrantined files. you dont need to delete the folder.

ok thank you. if i knew how to do your name i would have said thank you *****. :) how do u do the first letter of your name. :)

LOL

just hold down alt and hit 0128 on the num pad, then release.

But you can just call me Ecniv, I just thought it looked like a cool E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom