OS X Leapord launch

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Did you guys go to see it? I'm not an Apple fan, but yesterday I was hanging out with a friend of mine. We went to a mall that had an Apple store (passed by accident). Well, when we saw the long ass line, we were like, "Dude, WTF is this?" Sure enough, everyone was waiting in line to get the new OS and a free t-shirt, lol. We were going to wait in the long line jsut for the t-shirt, lol. After hearing people talking about Mac this and Apple that, and the fact that the line was so freakishly long, we gave up. Ridiculous.

all the mac fans are mad about how fast they upgraded there OS line. thats what happens when you go with apple, you get scammed out of your money. there prices have always been way too high. 300$ for an ipod, 2 words apple SCREW YOU :D

[/I]and you know what's funny? Only Apple can pull a hype like this!!!! (iPhone?) Do you EVER see a Windows release get this kind of attention? Hardly never. I got a copy of Vista as easy as picking a 3-leaf clover, eating it, and pooping it out later.

Ha, a Windows machine can do anything a Mac machine can do and more. I say Apple is one big overglorified hype on everything. That's their marketing strategy.

all the mac fans are mad about how fast they upgraded there OS line. thats what happens when you go with apple, you get scammed out of your money. there prices have always been way too high. 300$ for an ipod, 2 words apple SCREW YOU :D

OS X prices are also lower than Windows prices by far.

That is true, but it is more than balanced out by the ridiculous prices of Apple hardware. Remember you are just paying for a name, and a shiny operating system.

I will also add that people used to point and laugh at Mac OS before OSX came along. OS7, 8 and 9 were stupid; OSX introduced features for the first time to Apple computers, but it is a pity that Windows had had the exact same since NT 4.0 in 1994 or so, so one-nil to Microsoft on the innovation front. Apple only managed to implement these features because they were already implemented in the BSD kernel which Apple stole, hacked around slightly and renamed "Darwin", so it is not as if the features were original. Apple have leapt ahead through licensing technology belonging to someone else.

They then place an annoyingly bouncy and shiny user interface on top, charge much $$$ for it and everybody falls to their knees and sacrifices a goat or two to Steve Jobs. It is truly horrendous, especially when you can get identical, and sometimes even better, features simply by downloading a Linux distribution for free and installing it on any machine you like.

It is a total joke, I cannot for the life of me understand why people would buy a Mac. Most of the people I know who have them are arty types who have a weird notion of "trendiness" and zealots who claim that Macs are better than Windows at applications such as film editing and Adobe Photoshop [both of which recently benchmarked as being slightly faster on Windows based systems].

They have an image. That's the whole purpose of Steve Jobs--the "artist" type deal doohicky thingamjig. They're like these modern age hippies that never grew up and still live in the world of their own.

Apple thinks they'll own the next computing generation...well, maybe...if they erase a zero to their PC prices :rolleyes:

Better get a PC with Linux or Windows.

Yes, apple products are WAYYYY overrpiced. Zune vs ipod, zune is better, and cheaper, lol. But ipods are the "style" Thats what all of apples things are. I've used them a little bit, nothing great.

Back
Top Bottom