OS laptops capable of downloading software online.

Dpinkston91

Baseband Member
So, I’ve been researching a bit on notepad++, which is the software I’d like to use to begin my code journey. I was considering the purchase of a chrome book from walmwrtto do this on, until I realized that chrome OS’s do not support the download of open source software. I’m interested in being very frugal and basic about the laptop I purchase for this and would like some recommendations/suggestions on the type of laptop that would download this program, or any other software I might want to use.

My spending limit is $175-$225.

Thanks in advance!

Idk if they still are, but Best Buy was selling these really crappy HP laptops for 200 bucks that had W10, 4GB of RAM, a dual core AMD APU, and a 128GB NVMe SSD.

For as little as you want to spend, you'd probably be better off with a used laptop which would give you more bang for your buck. I recently sold a fully functional, Toshiba 15 inch laptop with a 500GB ssd, 3rd gen i7 cpu, 12Gb RAM, W10 and a DVD burner for $225.

I'll jump in as well to the software bit you mentioned: Notepad++ is great and I use it for quite a lot of things, but for development - VS Code will be better for you, especially with add-on / snippet / source control support.

Back
Top Bottom