Organizing videos on tablet gallery?

alucard10

Baseband Member
(I know this might seem like a "noob" question).

Is it even possible to organize videos on the fire tablet( or any tablet)?

I organize my files into folders,like for example on my laptop, flash drives and SD cards
I would have a folder that says "videos" and inside that folder is more folders that say the names of bands
and in each of those folders there are about 5 or 10 mp4 music videos.

The problem is when I put the SD card in a tablet all the videos are not in any of the folders I made.
They are just out as individual videos.

Not only are they not in their original folders(or any folders for that matter) but there is no apparent way to make folders and organize the videos.

P.S.
(on the "uniden" 4.3 inch tablet however, on the SD card it did keep the videos in there original band folders but no folders within folders.
Plus on the SD card I had my picture folders in a separate main folder called "pictures" away from the "videos" folder but it jumbled the picture folders with the video folders in the tablets gallery.
There was no apparent way to separate the video folders from the picture folders, they were jumbled together.)

On the fire tablet however it wont even let you put the videos in folders at all. They are dificult to find when not in folders.

It depends on what app you are using to play the videos. Most I have seen try to make things "easier" for you by finding all the content on your tablet regardless of where it is so all of your videos are available without the need to navigate to various folders to find them.

You need to find one that allows you to browse videos "by folder". I'm not sure what players are available in the Amazon app store.

I use an app called "Plex" that allows me to browse "by folder" but not sure I'd recommend it to you. I use it to access movies on my NAS that is running a Plex server, not sure how well the player would work to access local files on your tablet. The Plex app also costs $4.99.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom