Ordered parts for a new build.

Austinn1

Daemon Poster
Ordered the parts last night for a new desktop.

AMD processor
RAM 3 total
Motherboard
hard drive
Disc Drive
Power supply
Then a 19" wide screen. OS will be linux.
Total - $523.32 - rebates = $468

Anyways, few questions.

1. Whats the easiest and best way to install the parts?
2. Do i need to get a anti static thing?
3. Where should I set all this to intall everything? Like, table? floor?
4. Once i do the rebates, I cant send the parts back. how long should I wait to do them?

I am pretty excited about this. I just dont want to ruin anything while installing it all, the CPU is the only thing I am worried about, dont want to bend the pins, the rest should be pretty easy.

1. Whats the easiest and best way to install the parts?
Install as much as you can onto the motherboard before you mount it inside the case, so RAM, CPU, cooler. Get all the cable management from the PSU and HDDs done before you mount the mobo (make sure the PCI-E 6 pin pops out where the GPU will go etc).
And take it slow, visualize everything and think everything through before you do it.
2. Do i need to get a anti static thing?
No, mount the PSU inside the case, then plug it into the wall socket. This will ground the case and then you can just touch the bare metal to ground yourself.
3. Where should I set all this to intall everything? Like, table? floor?
Somewhere that's comfortable to work and is at the right height. A table would be perfect.
4. Once i do the rebates, I cant send the parts back. how long should I wait to do them?
?

Damn, that fast. thanks for your help!!

the rebate question is confusing. Let me try to make sense of it.

I have like 5 rebates out of this build. Once I submit the MIR's I cannot return the parts if they become defective, should I wait until last possible minute to send them in? or not do them at all?

What motherboard are you getting? Both links direct me to the RAM. What graphics card are you using. What size monitor are you using? What will you mostly be using this computer for?

You can only send in one rebate for one item from each address. So, you can only get one rebate back for the RAM. Luckily for you, I found you a replacement!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231226

More power power supply for a few bucks more.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341012

make sure your parts work first
then send in the rebates
if your crunched for time
then just pitch the rebates and make sure you stuff works

What motherboard are you getting? Both links direct me to the RAM. What graphics card are you using. What size monitor are you using? What will you mostly be using this computer for?

You can only send in one rebate for one item from each address. So, you can only get one rebate back for the RAM. Luckily for you, I found you a replacement!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231226

More power power supply for a few bucks more.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341012

I have already ordered all of this stuff, it'll be here tuesday.
The motherboard is a MSI board. (I fixed the link)

I might consider ordering that ram you linked and sending the stuff I got back.

But for the rebate couldnt i just put a different address for each? My parents are divorced. Couldnt I use my mom's address for one stick and my dads for another? Or does the original shipping address have to be different?

As far as the PS i think the one I got will be ennough. 430watts should be plenty. According to newegss PSU calculator, i only need 350watts. And 364 if I upgrade to the 4gb ram set. I think 430 will suite me fine for now.

I wont be running a video card, just using on board graphics ( I dont game) so the extra power really isnt needed.

About the rebates you can still return the products if they are defective as long as you are doing an RMA... You can't return the items for a "REFUND" after you have submitted the rebate info. So just test your stuff prior to sending them out and just make sure that the products you bought are what you want and you don't plan on returning them for a refund or exchange for an equal priced item. The warranty is by no means affected by sending in the rebate. Make sure you fill out all the information correctly and make sure it is postmarked by the correct date or they will not send you the rebate.

Back
Top Bottom