Oracle Traning-Hard drive wipe

Chuck1

Baseband Member
A while ago i boght "Oracle Traning" from ebay it's a disc with loads of programs on it to help you with computer problems.

I bought it for the main reason that my pc was going extreamly slow and alot of programs were not working so i thought i would wipe the HD and start from scratch. I wasnt 100% sure what program on the disc did that or how to use it so i e-mailed oracle traning sevrel times but didnt get any response, so i thought i would post my questions up on here, if anyone has the oracle traing disc or knows anything about what im asking please answer the questions.

1.Is it a good idea to wipe the HD?

2.I originally had Win 98 but have recently installed win XP what will i be left with after the wipe?

3. What about all the programs for things like web cam and my router will i have to install all that again and configure them?

4. Finally, I have heard about "nuking" your HD whats the diffrence and what would i be better doing?

Thnaks, Chuck

Wipe your HD with a wet cloth bad idea (hehe ok jokey not funny) anyways I believe by wipe you mean format. And yes it will take everythign on your HD so you can say BUH BYE. ANd yes chances are you will have to recongiure everything. Frankly thats the biggest reason why I hold off on refortmatting. Is getting back up and running I mean information not abig deal but it takes hours and hours to actually set a computer up software wise for me at least. And nuking. think thats the same as formatting. Not sure.

yea it will take you about 2 hours to load everything...plus if you dont have your windows exp disc and code for t dnt even think about doing it unlese you want to spend 150-200 bucks.

Never heard of the oracle thingy. But as for reformatting, the only thing u need is the windows cd. And ofcourse the serial number for it.

ok thanks, but dose anyone have this oracle traning disc it was all over ebay when i bought it but as i said im not 100% sure how to use it

Back
Top Bottom