opteron 148 or 64 3500 ????

and no offence but i hate when people just say one or the other i need a reason lol

o and i dont plan to o/c !!!!!!!!

golfer07 said:
and no offence but i hate when people just say one or the other i need a reason lol

o and i dont plan to o/c !!!!!!!!

Why do you keep changing computer parts? It seems like you just keep changing stuff every week.

If you dont plan on overclocking just go with the 3500 though.

because my proc. died and ya i no i have cuz first i had that socket 754 and it couldnt run fear for crap and my 7800gt which was a mistake so i bought this mobo and proc. which works awesome but now my proc. died so what do you want me to do ? and im sure you think im having fun with all this dont you ??? well im not.

how did it die? did u try and overclock it and blow it up or something? anyways i would get the opteron and overclock it if i were u cause that thing can reach 3GHz quite easily

ok heres the thing i change the multiplier and then increased the FSB so that it was still at 2.2 or w.e and then i saved the changes and it never started up. everythign it running just nothing shows up on the screen and this lil device i got with the mobo says the cpu is damaged or installed wrong and its not installed wrong so ya. and ya i was thinking that too cuz its liek 15 more dollors for the opteron and its not 512 its 1gig so ya tahts another goody.

also are ram heatspreaders a good thing to buy ??/

did u try resetting the cmos on the motherboard with the jumper before u decided it was completely broken? yes ram heatspreaders are a good thing to buy, they help cool the ram and theyre not that expensive so u might as well get them

its just a jumper on the motherboard, read the motherboard manual and it will tell you where it is and what to do

EDIT: oh and what it does is reset the bios so all the changes u made are erased and its put back to default, the reason i know this is because ive had to do it a few times myself

Back
Top Bottom