Opinion on this build?

ejl

Baseband Member
Basically copying colonel's post but just need to confirm that this is a solid build so if you guys could please give some opinions or suggestions or assurance about this build, it would be very much appreciated.

Case: Cooler Master RC690

Mobo: Gigabyte P45-DS3L

Power Supply: Antec Warthwatts 500W PSU
or is Corsair 520HX really worth the extra money?

Processor: Intel C2D E8400

Video Card: ATI HD4850

Memory: Kingston 4GB(2x2GB)

Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F1 500GB

Optical Drive: Lite-On DVD Burner

This build will primarily be used for work and games such as WCIII, CS, WAR and work. My budget is primarily around $800ish USD and i preferably do not want to go past $900 - 1k USD. This is my first time buying a computer like this, without it being premade so I do not have much experience so i am hoping you guys could help me out a bit. So any input would be much appreciated, thank you.

I am thinking about getting this processor instead because i heard that a quad core might be better to get. Also, i am thinking about getting this video card instead also to save myself some money since someone told me i dont need that great of a video card for the games i'll be playing. Or should i get the HD4670? Please give me your suggestions and opinions. Thank you.

Get the 8800GT. It will suit you well. Now that I fully read your post (lol), I would go with the quad-core. The games you play don't require the extra speed on the dual-core and you'd be future proofing. I think the Q6600 + 8800GT is a better combo for you than the E8400 + HD4850. Even I would go with former. I play similar games as you and do a lot of programming.

Back
Top Bottom