Opera 9 Final *Released*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I don't like about Opera that keeps me from using it much is this: when pages are loading, images have text in blank boxes where they will load before they actually load. Is there any way to get Opera to load images in a similar manner as Firefox, where nothing shows where an image will be until it's loading?

NathanM said:
The one thing I don't like about Opera that keeps me from using it much is this: when pages are loading, images have text in blank boxes where they will load before they actually load. Is there any way to get Opera to load images in a similar manner as Firefox, where nothing shows where an image will be until it's loading?

I don't think you can; Opera uses it's own engine. The text is displayed if an ALT tag is provided. This is useful for people with slow connections who don't want to download images; or for people with text browsers, or of the image doesn't load because of server problems.
You can go to opera:config and see if there's any image related settings, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom