OpenDNS vs Google DNS

7D8

In Runtime
OpenDNS or Google DNS?

... and why... I don't know which one to pick and am no interested in the extra features of OpenDNS, but am afraid of Google seeing ALL of my traffic.

krone6

In Runtime
I go with google, they're google... nuff' said. :D

EDIT: Not like your isp don't log your traffic anyhow.. Nope..Isp's neeeeeeeevr look into your traffic evvvvver... /sarcasm off...
Believe me, if google even cared about your traffic they'd do something. Before that even happens your isp would have taken action as well.

Chipeater

In Runtime
[...] Not like your isp don't log your traffic anyhow.. Nope..Isp's neeeeeeeevr look into your traffic evvvvver... /sarcasm off...[...]

That's why we use proxy servers...you do use a proxy...don't you? I certainly like my privacy from my ISP as well as others...

krone6

In Runtime
That's why we use proxy servers...you do use a proxy...don't you? I certainly like my privacy from my ISP as well as others...

Na, i don't, because my isp does not call me ever. I admit to doing certain activities but as with the last forum it's probably illegal to talk about those on here and also have downloaded 200GB downloads in 2-3 days. They don't cap us, even though they're slow. In the 5 years i have been with them they've never called me. That, and they don't even ask why we're returning modems. If we need a new one, we go down to their main building and instantly and for free get a new one. Not even a monthly service charge!

J03

~~~~~~~~
Google DNS - Benchmarks suggest that there is less latency with Google DNS than with OpenDNS.

7D8

In Runtime
yea, i sort of feel like OpenDNS wants to tie you down into their environment. They should be more open (pun?)