Oops, i hit a motorcyclist today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a standard in my work truck, but I never roll back, you can spread your feet out to the brake or just hold the emergency brake when taking off.

Yeah it takes some practice, but saves hitting those idiots that like to inch up to you. I have insurance on my vehicles, but insurance inquiries take so much time and effort, I just rather not be hit.

I remember when I was still on my temps, I was driving my dads old car that stalls a lot, and it did it on a hill when I stopped for a light. I took my foot off the break and went to the gas, and I just rolled backward into some dude. I didn't drive that car after that. I didn't do any damage, so the police and insurance companies didn't get involved. I sure would have been hella ****ed though if that incident would have delayed me getting my license by six months or caused my insurance to skyrocket after I got my license.

Anyway, lucky you.

I used to seasonally drive for UPS where it was common practice and i'm sure still is to use teh E-Brake any time the pavent isnt perfectly flat where it's possible to potentially roll back. They replace a lot of e-Brakes! But thats better than replacing bumpers and engine blocks of whoever's behind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom